Climate Change: Take Action Now!
The Climate Change: Take Action Now guide was produced by UNICEF and the Alliance of Youth CEOs, which includes:
• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award International Association/ The International Award Association (IAA)
• International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
• World Alliance of YMCAs (YMCA)
• World Young Women’s Christian Association (World YWCA)
• World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
• World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM)
Support was provided by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). The authors of this guide worked in collaboration with the EarthChild Institute and in consultation with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United Nations Programme on Youth, and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
The guide looks at the issues of climate change, helps identifying, plan, implement and take action on the climate change issue that your groups wants to address. It also contains sections on communication, participation, evaluation and follow-up to events.